Friday, January 2, 2009

Amulet Book 1: The Stonekeeper!!!!!

Amulet, Book One: The Stonekeeper (Bk. 1)
by Kazu Kibuishi (2008)

This is a graphic novel for kids ages 7 and up. It's the first of a series of books where two kids, Emily and her brother Navin go into a mysterious world where they meet their mother's grandfather and a pink bunny named Miskit and his robot friends. They have to rescue their mother from a tentacled creature and face an evil wizard. The amulet is helpful charm belonging to Emily which helps her overcome obstacles in the other world in which kids find themselves. Emily almost fell under the power of the dark wizard, but she was able to fight it off because of the amulet.

The drawings are excellent--I really liked all the detail in them.

I took this book this book to school, and I lent it to two of my friends, but I never got it back...so my mother got another copy for me. And now my little brother wants his own copy!

I'm looking forward to the next book--I just read on the author's blog that it's on its way!

No comments: